Personal Information We May Collect
Personal Information could include any information that can reasonably identify or be linked to an individual consumer or household, and does not generally include publicly available information, de-identified information, or information that is protected under other applicable federal or state laws.
How We Collect & Share Personal Information
FRPS only collects and discloses Personal Information for our limited business purpose of providing claim administration services under the terms of Service Contracts. We do not share or sell Personal Information to any third-party, including advertising or marketing groups, for any reason other than effectuating our limited business purposes.
FRPS may collect and obtain your personal information from several sources:
- Directly from you, the customer, as part of the claim process;
- From third party vendors who are authorized or instructed by you to provide us with your personal information;
- Independent Sellers of Service Contracts;
- Payment or transaction related vendors for processing claim payments, reimbursements, monthly premium payments, or refunds;
- Fulfillment companies and related vendors;
- Activity and submissions on our website; or
- Other third parties who are necessarily involved in the processing and resolution of customer claims.
Categories of Personal Information We Collect
|A. Identifiers.||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.||YES|
|B. Personal information categories||A name, signature, social security number, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information.||YES|
|C. Classification characteristics||Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).||NO|
|D. Commercial information.||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||YES|
|E. Biometric information.||Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.||NO|
|F. Internet or other similar network activity.||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.||YES|
|G. Geolocation data.||Physical location or movements.||NO|
|H. Sensory data.||Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.||YES|
|I. Professional or employment-related information.||Current or past job history or performance evaluations.||NO|
|J. Non-public education information.||Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.||NO|
|K. Inferences drawn from other personal information.||Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.||NO|
How We Store Personal Information
Your privacy and Personal Information are of the utmost importance to FRPS, and we have implemented technical, procedural, and administrative safeguards to ensure that the Personal Information retained by FRPS is secure and protected against any unauthorized access or use. Here at FRPS, we limit our storage and retention of Personal Information to what is reasonably needed in order to provide services to our customers.
Our employees and team members understand and appreciate your privacy concerns, as we are all every day consumers like you. Our representatives and employees handle any Personal Information they encounter with confidentiality in mind. Additionally, we only partner with industry vetted software and technology platform providers.
Your Rights Under State Consumer Data Privacy Laws
Depending on your state of residence, you may have certain rights to your Personal Information which may include the following:
- Right to Know – you have the right to know what Personal Information has been collected on you and who has access to your Personal Information.
- Right to Access – you have the right to access your Personal Information maintained by FRPS.
- Right to Copy – you have the right to request a copy of your Personal Information maintained by FRPS.
- Right to Modify – you have the right to modify the Personal Information maintained by FRPS.
- Right to Delete – you have the right to delete the Personal Information maintained by FRPS.
- Right to Opt-Out – you have the right to opt-out of the sharing, use, sale, or disclosure of your Personal Information to third parties.
- Right to Opt-In – you have the right to opt-into the sharing, use, sale, or disclosure of your Personal Information by third parties
- Right to File Complaint – you have the right to file a complaint with the appropriate state regulatory agency if you believe there is a violation of your data privacy rights.
- Right to Initiate Private Cause of Action – you have the right to initiate a private lawsuit if you believe there is a violation of your data privacy rights.
- Right against Discrimination – you have the right not to be discriminated against for filing a complaint if you believe there is a violation of your data privacy rights.
Your privacy rights may be different depending on your state of residence and may not include all the categories identified above. There may also be exceptions and limitations to your privacy rights that are not identified here. For more detailed information regarding your rights, how and when to exercise your rights, and other related matters, we recommend that you review the laws and regulations on consumer data privacy specific to your state of residence.
How to Make a Data Request to FRPS
If you would like to exercise the data privacy rights available to you in your state of residence, please use the request form link below and provide all required verification information. Pursuant to state law, FRPS is not permitted to provide any Personal Information in response to a consumer request if the consumer request cannot be verified. For a request to be verified, you must provide sufficient information so as to allow FRPS to confirm your identity and your right to the requested Personal Information. FRPS will deny all unverifiable consumer data requests.
You may complete the data request form here:
OR you may call this toll-free phone number: (833) 951-4301
You may complete a do not sell request form here:
Once FRPS has received your verified data request, we will make reasonable efforts to respond within 45 days after verification is complete. If FRPS requires additional time to process your request, we will notify you in writing, provide the basis for the extension of time, and identify the new deadline for FRPS to complete your data request. If you wish to dispute a response to your data request or for any other legal concerns regarding your data request, please email Legal Affairs at [email protected]. Please state “Data Request Dispute” in the email subject line.